In 2009, my guest co-founded and was Director of Analytics at Loudpixel, a successful social analytics company. After many successful years, she realized it wasn’t quite what she wanted to be doing, so she made a change.
Today my guest is an independent wedding and lifestyle photographer. In a market that most people struggle to start a business in, my guest has managed to build a business to where she works part-time and makes a full-time income. This allows her time to spend with her 1-year old daughter.
She also runs an interview podcast series for photographers called Photo Field Notes and teaches in Michigan State University’s Advertising Department.
Now, let’s hack…
In this 35-minute episode Allie Siarto and I discuss:
- The need to take calculated risks in business and life
- Brushing off failures and embarrassment (and how your biggest embarrassment can help you)
- How putting your goals out to the world can help fulfill them
- Finding what makes you happy and building a business to suit that
- Why you should do things before you are ready